See the email below received from one of our College of Nursing students.
The family I have been helping for the past two years is looking to hire another part-time nanny and family assistant as I will be moving back to California in a couple of weeks. I found this position through your posting on the nursing career page. :)
The family has been so wonderful to me! I am hoping you would be able to post this position on the College of Nursing website? (Please see below). They are looking for someone in the nursing field/ pursuing nursing.
Thank you so much!! If you are not able to, could you please direct me to someone who could help with this?
Part-Time Nanny and Family Assistant
Family living in the River North neighborhood of Chicago with one 4-year-old girl is seeking a professional, experienced and educated Part-Time Nanny & Assistant to help with childcare, errands, organization, and light household tasks. Hours will be occasional at first with eventual regular hours for the right candidate/s. Ideal schedule will eventually be one weekend day (Sat or Sun), approximately 10am-2pm or later, and one week day afternoon/ evening from around 3pm-7pm, with occasional Saturday nights. Flexibility with scheduling is a plus. This is a great opportunity for a current college or grad student to earn some cash in their spare time. Applicants need to be honest, energetic, organized, and possess plenty of common sense! Start date is ASAP, but flexible for the right candidate. We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Nanny or babysitting experience with children of similar age
- Engage with 4-yr-old in developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts at home
- Willing to occasionally transport children to and from scheduled activities, sports, play dates, outings, school, etc using the family's vehicle or Lyft (valid driver’s license and city driving experience a plus but not required)
- Experienced preparing fresh and healthy meals for children
- Experienced and comfortable working with young child who may require occasional bathroom assistance
- Responsible for domestic duties relating to children (e.g., washing dishes after meals, tidying playroom and child’s bedroom, assistance with children’s laundry, packing school lunch box, packing child for trips, etc.)
- Willing to assist with other household tasks (e.g., running errands, wrapping gifts, folding laundry, unloading dishwasher, closet organization, etc.)
- Experienced and willing to be an extension of the parents collaborating and communicating frequently (previous experience working with parents that are at home working while you are babysitting is ideal)
- Flexible schedule and occasional last-minute availability
- Capable of building positive rapport with 4-year-old child
- Highly organized
- Upbeat, calm, positive personality
- Current student working toward Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s Degree in Nursing, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Development
- 2-5+ years of nanny or babysitting experience
- 2-3 references from nannying/ babysitting or professional positions
- Ability to complete background checks and motor vehicle checks
- Clean driving record
- CPR and First Aid certification
- All vaccinations including this year's flu
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number). We look forward to hearing from you!