Employer: Rush University Medical Center
Job Title: Nursing Assistant
Additional Information: https://rush.igreentree.com/css_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20221212145846&
Are you a Nursing Student in a Baccalaureate or Masters Nursing program passionate about gaining clinical experience?
If so, you may be the right candidate for our Nursing Assistant 2 position in Rush's Rehab Department!
This position is perdiem with rotating shifts (days and evenings)
- The Nursing Assistant (NA II, III) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- The NA II & III duties are of a technical nature requiring specialized training and skill.
- The training and skill level of the NA II is commensurate with their advancement through an accredited school of nursing.
- The NA II is registered in an accredited school of nursing.
- Reports to charge RN or designate for assignment of duties.
- Maintains a safe patient environment.
- Under the direction of the RN, participates in the implementation of individualized plans of care.
- Assists patients in activities of daily living.
- Performs routine procedures, treatments and specimen collections.
- Promptly reports changes in patient condition to the appropriate RN.
- Assists with admission, discharges and transport of patients.
- Current enrollment in an accredited Baccalaureate or Masters entry level school of nursing with passing grades in all courses.
- Completion of a fundamental nursing course to include basic nursing skills, such as vital signs and ADLs.
- Current CPR certification required
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a five -time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by Indeed.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.