Employer: University of Illinois Chicago
Hiring Department: College of Nursing
Job Title: Associate Director of Recruitment & Enrollment Strategy
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3913?c=uic
This position is responsible for executing and assessing strategic recruitment plans for all UIC Nursing programs. This includes planning and implementing strategies to meet and exceed UIC Nursing enrollment goals, recruiting prospective students to maintain a targeted and consistent volume of qualified candidates, and acting as the primary point of contact for prospective students by pursuing generated leads to ensure the fullest response to student interest in UIC Nursing programs and the best return on marketing efforts. Also represents the college's interest during high profile events and to a wide range of constituents (e.g. state legislators, community leaders and organizations, parents and students) and venues (e.g. college fairs and programs, local, state and national conferences and events). Additionally, the position is responsible for oversight of daily operations within UIC's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and application system, Slate, with support from direct reports - Admissions Coordinator and Peer Mentors.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain relationships with students, community colleges, and partner organizations to provide advice and counsel on the recruitment and admissions processes and program admission requirements to meet enrollment targets.
• Identify and participate in local, statewide events, transfer fairs, community organizations, site visits, "virtual and in-person site visits" etc. to recruit students into programs.
• Pursue leads generated through targeted marketing efforts and report back on trends. Meet and record daily, weekly, monthly and annual call and outreach goals.
• Field questions and respond to inquiries from prospective students through various mediums (e.g. individual appointments, telephone, email, text and chat, and social networking). Serve as the primary contact for prospective student questions or concerns.
• Use Customer Relationship Management technology to maintain contact with prospective students and document feedback to inform future marketing.
• Work with university admissions staff to review prospective students’ application materials and credentials and process admissions recommendations to UIC Admissions.
• Conduct transcript evaluation and counsel students on questions relative to program content, admissions requirements, costs, financial aid availability and college policies on admissions requirements, procedures, credit/course, transferability, acceptance of CLEP tests, etc. Determine if students qualify and identify pre-requisites needed to enter programs.
• Represent exceptional admissions cases at college admissions committee meetings and provide one on one assistance and advocacy to students from a service center approach to the admissions process.
• Develop competitive analyses for UIC Nursing programs to assess program competitiveness and viability. Analyze key competitors and identify valuable insights to guide program development and optimize recruiting initiatives.
• Track and analyze recruitment data to exceed enrollment goals and develop new strategies and initiatives based on learnings. Conduct ROI analysis to measure effectiveness of recruitment strategies; take action on challenges and opportunities identified.
• Provide analysis on current higher education trends, and economic and financial factors that may affect recruitment and enrollment in UIC Nursing programs. Develop and recommend appropriate course of action to mitigate the effects.
• Identify new ways to leverage the SLATE CRM system and BANNER student information system to improve recruiting initiatives and exceed enrollment goals.
• Pilot new initiatives and processes that provide more value to prospective students and improve recruiting results.
• Help develop, manage and implement recruitment events such as information sessions and subject matter experts’ special events/ webinars.
• Help plan, lead and optimize the holistic admission interview process.
•Reinforce and amplify the UIC Nursing culture of collaboration and innovation.
•Develop team environment that motivates and inspires team members to work together to exceed enrollment goals, and continuously improve initiatives and processes.
•Provide team members with support and feedback so they can continue to grow and learn.
•Collaborate with UIC Nursing leadership to successfully launch new programs including training and working with college faculty/staff to optimize recruiting processes.
•Collaborate with UIC Nursing leadership, and external organizations and companies to support partnerships and maximize enrollment opportunities including hosting recruiting events with large organizations and large employers.
•Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 5 years of progressive work experience in higher education recruitment and advising with a strong record of accomplishments.
- At least 2 years managing a team with a strong record of accomplishments.
- Strong experience using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems such as SLATE and a Student Enrollment System, such as BANNER, to recruit and retain students.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with nursing programs and certificates and recruitment and retention of undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students within a health college preferred.