Employer: University of Illinois System
Title: Extra Help - Medical Office Assistant (COVID Field Testing Associate)
Additional Information: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=139755&job=extra-help-medical-office-assistant-covid-field-testing-associate-shield-il
Hours Per Week: 40
COVID Field Testing Associate (Extra Help)
a.k.a Mobile Collection Site Operator/Test Site Assistant
University of Illinois System
SHIELD Illinois is the screening testing program and infrastructure responsible for deploying the University of Illinois’ innovative, non-invasive, saliva test across the state. As a member of a specialized rapid response team, the COVID Field Testing Associate will work collaboratively with other team members to perform the duties of a mobile deployment task force: Set-up, Collection process, Tear-down, and Transport to Lab of Covid-19 test samples. This team provides the whole customer-to-lab delivery system. We are looking for dependable and trustworthy team players who care about getting things done in a timely manner.
- Greet visitors, log clients, and direct them through sample collection process
- Use dedicated software and equipment to track samples
- Collect, Sort, and transport samples to associated labs
- Follow legal requirements, provide safety information, ensure compliance with standard testing procedures
- Set up, clean, maintain, tear down, and adjust testing site setup as needed
- Dispose of properly labeled biohazard materials according to regulation
- Assist in maintaining stock of consumable supplies
- Evaluate and notify others of equipment repair, or vehicle maintenance needs
- Ensure a safe workplace environment and PPE, social distancing, and sanitation standards are followed
- Adjust and respond to evolving deployment needs
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent/GED required.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Maneuver large transport vehicle
- Strong Customer/Service Orientation
- Experience with logistics processes
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Organized work approach with attention to detail and sound judgment
- Lift, move, carry, push and/or pull up to approximately 50 pounds
- Experience presenting information to diverse groups of people
- Prior understanding or experience working with COVID-19 screening, or transport
- Knowledge of medical safety protocols
Pay rate: $20/hr.
Schedule: 10-hr shift (up to 40hr, or 4 shifts per week)
Primary- Springfield, IL
Primary- Chicago, IL (Tinley park/Rogers Park area)
Secondary- Champaign, IL
Candidates must be willing to travel up to 100% of the time
This is a temporary, hourly, non-benefit eligible position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references.
The System Office conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
System Human Resource Services
The System Office is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.