Scholarship: Veterans Helping Veterans Scholarship
Description: For college students who have served in the U.S. military.
Due Date: November 1, 2022
Additional Information: https://www.hillandponton.com/veterans-scholarship/
Military Scholarships for Student Veterans
Following active-duty service, many United States military veterans choose to earn a higher education degree. This path can help former military service members adapt to civilian life and launch a fulfilling future, whether through a community college or state university. However, what if you can’t afford the tuition?
Financial aid and military scholarships can help veterans and their family members pursue their educational goals. The specifics of this financial support varies per scholarship award, yet most offer tuition assistance up to a certain monetary amount. Student loans and financial aid may help with payment as well, depending on the applicant’s financial need. Enter Hill & Ponton, PA.
Hill & Ponton Veteran Scholarships
Joining the armed forces and serving your country is the ultimate sacrifice, so the team at Hill and Ponton are proud to give back to our nation’s veterans. We are now offering four $1,000 scholarships to help veterans further their education and enter a career field that would, in turn, help other veterans.
Our veterans’ scholarship program provides financial assistance to former U.S. military personnel pursuing higher education. Former members of the U.S. Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, National Guard, and Coast Guard are eligible for this assistance program following honorable discharge. Through this scholarship fund, we hope that former military members can pursue education programs and reach their goals.
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded
- Two scholarships will be awarded in the fall, two in the spring
- Application Deadline: May 1st and November 1st
- Awards are announced every June and December
How to Apply
- Applicants must be veterans of the armed forces and must plan to use their education to help fellow veterans
- Applicants must provide their personal information and a statement of 300 words or fewer on how the applicant plans to use his or her education toward helping veterans
- We verify service and character of discharge with a DD-214
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the school (Applicant’s should have attended/or already be attending school)