Employer: Memorial Health
Job Title: Student Nurse Intern
Additional Information: https://jobs.memorial.health/search-listing/?jobId=2020-5746
The Summer Nurse Intern will work under the direct supervision of an RN to provide age-appropriate care for a designated group of patients through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. They will work closely with the RN to assimilate and act upon data reflective of the patient’s status and to develop organizational and critical thinking skills. At the discretion of the RN, the Student Nurse Intern, can be assigned basic tasks/care elements for which competency has been validated that are within the scope of the Nursing Technician job description. However, the Student Nurse Intern, will NOT be assigned to administer medications or to add IV fluids, or to perform any task that requires a registered nurse license.
In addition to your online application, please submit the following items via email to email@example.com
- Transcript to verify your GPA (3.0 on a 4.0 scale required)
- A photo of your current CPR course completion card
Requirements for this position include:
- Successful completion of junior year in a BSN nursing program or completion of at least two semesters of an ADN nursing program with a minimum GPA 3.25 required. Current CPR certification required.
- Position involves exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissues, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
- Position requires ability to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and to withstand prolonged periods of walking/standing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.