Employer: National University
Job Title: Director of Healthcare Partnerships
Additional Information: https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=178548954&Title=Director%2C%20Healthcare%20Partnerships
As a Director of Healthcare Partnerships, you will focus on the strategic planning and implementation of a system-wide framework to promote and grow new and existing educational partnerships. A successful candidate will be expected to be an active listener to understand our clients' goals and aspirations and to proactively identify potential opportunities to grow business with both existing and new accounts. This role is crucial to the expansion of our partnerships within the healthcare sector.
This position requires the ability to engage external partners including employers and larger national and international organizations with experience and knowledge in key areas including the following:
- Tuition Reduction Programs
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Customized Education
- Workforce Development
- Hiring Partnerships
- Prior Learning Credit
- Thought Leadership in the Healthcare Industry
Workforce Education Solutions is the growing B2B and outreach division of National University that seeks to meet economic and industry needs by developing educational partnerships for industry and community partners to advance careers and fill future job demands.
- Develop relationships with employers and industry leaders to create growth opportunities of educational partnerships and increased awareness of National University offerings to the healthcare community.
- Communicate with industry leaders and company representatives to understand and translate industry and professional needs into relevant career services offerings for students and alumni.
- Possess a consultative, customer centric selling philosophy.
- Strategic thinking with expectations to engage senior executives in discussions and decisions related to establishing new partnerships and opportunities.
Leadership & Program Management:
- Develop and implement a national business development plan that supports the expansion of the Workforce Education Solutions Healthcare vertical across the US.
- Provides oversight and fiscal management to ensure sustainable budget models for a variety of programmatic activities, in accordance with National University policies, with a minimum goal of self-sufficiency and a long-term goal of appropriate revenue generation for the institution.
- Manages and supervise field and internal staff. Directs department staff in the areas of staffing and managing programs.
- Collaborates internally and externally academic colleges/departments as well as relevant campus/on-site administrative units to develop and grow educational partnerships.
- Co-develop and implement business processes that support and sustain partnership enrollment growth.
- Co-develop and implement onboarding and services designed to support and sustain educational partnership implementation
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Hire, lead, inspire and direct staff in each area of responsibility by promoting direction and leadership on a day-to-day basis. Provide ongoing supervision, coaching, training and mentoring to individual team members.
- Build and foster a success-oriented, accountable, high-morale and positive environment that promotes teamwork and professional growth.
- Develop and employ performance measurement systems to evaluate and monitor individual and team performance toward goals.
- Collect and report outcome metrics to the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships.
- Develop and manage the Healthcare vertical budget.
- Participate in monthly leadership planning meetings with the President, Workforce Education Solutions
- Maintain a university cell phone (policy).
- Support university travel policy.
- Utilize and maintain updated outlook calendar.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the President, Workforce Education Solutions Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hire, train and develop 2-5 staff members
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in business administration or healthcare.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of industry-related experience. Market awareness in healthcare vertical a must.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with healthcare industry partners and organizations.
- Manage a budget. Participates in budget planning by providing historical data and projections. Prioritizes requests for enhancements to existing resources.
- Exceptional community relations skills, ability to represent the University and help build public understanding of the University's brand and values.
- Comfort with use of sophisticated databases and Excel software for tracking financial results and other activities.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability and personal maturity.
- Ability to interact effectively with industry leaders, faculty, and staff.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal). An excellent communicator who speaks and writes with clarity.
- Commitment to diversity and equality.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong attention to detail and the ability to balance a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Openness, flexibility and decisiveness to lead and inspire internal and external constituencies.
- A flexible and creative thinker, able to find and create opportunities for partnerships.
- An independent, strategic thinker with good judgment, sensitivity and common sense.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented; ability and desire to set and reach ambitious goals.
Travel: Travels up to 25% for employer/partnership cultivation and participation in partnerships and system-wide events as a representative of National University.
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University's total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the "whole you" with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Annual Salary: $87,923.00 - $118,690.00
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. National University employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.