Organization: University of Illinois Chicago
Hiring Department: Office of Academic Programs Review & Assessment
Job Title: Graduate Research Assistant
Application Close: Friday, August 5, 2022
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/268?c=uic
About the University of Illinois at Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
The Office of Academic Program Review and Assessment is seeking a 33% FTE Graduate Research Assistant to provide support to the Director and Associate Director for assessing academic programs at the University. The position may be eligible for a tuition waiver, contingent on hire date, enrollment requirements etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating the process for academic program review and assessment of student learning.
- Assist in data analysis and tabulation.
- Assist in preparing data reports and documents for program review.
- Assist in preparing logistics for external review visit (e.g., make hotel reservations, purchase airline tickets).
- Assist in maintaining and organizing assessment reports.
- Assist in the office operation (e.g., schedule meetings).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A current graduate student;
- Some experience in data analysis;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and writing skills;
Ability to use applications (e.g., Excel) to perform duties related to the functions of this office (e.g., create tables and graphics)
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume online by August 5, 2022. Applicants will not be accepted by email. Questions can be directed to Jerry Jimenez, Director of Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org)