Employer: University of Illinois Chicago
Hiring Department: UICOMP - Administration
Job Title: Research Specialist Location: Peoria
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/5705?c=uic
Application Clare Date: 6/30/2023
The University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria seeks two Research Specialists to jumpstart and coordinate critical research projects across our campus.
We’re looking for experienced researchers who are highly motivated and organized, and who are comfortable offering guidance and training to less experienced students and staff.
This individual will work with clinicians at our local healthcare systems and/or faculty on campus and will collaborate across multiple departments. Assistance with IRB submission, research execution and monitoring, and assistance with the development of publications/posters is expected.
This position contributes to the design and delivery of research projects and collaborates with researchers to develop, execute and interpret research projects. Performs complex data collection and study methods. Assist in the collection of study data from electronic health records, surveys, interviews, or other methods, and the preparation of study data for analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
- Formulate and conduct research studies and analyses. Performs complex data collection and study methods. Analyze and evaluate research results.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
- Develop and write advanced, comprehensive protocols.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
- Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
- Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
Staff Management Duties:
- Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of research protocols for IRB submission.
- Ensure that participant enrollment and research activities comply with established protocols, regulatory and monitoring agency standards, grant sponsor guidelines, and local hospital guidelines at OSF and Carle Health Greater Peoria.
- Assist in the collection of study data from electronic health records, surveys, interviews, or other methods, and the preparation of study data for analysis.
- Coordinate the activation and maintenance of clinical protocols, including review and completion of submissions, amendments, and adverse event reports as required by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and grant sponsors.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Degree in Public Health, social science, psychology, nursing, or related field preferred.
- Master’s degree in social science preferred.
Peoria is a regional campus of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, which is among the largest and most diverse public medical schools in the U.S.
The University of Illinois System provides generous paid leave, including enrollment in the State University Retirement System pension.
For fullest consideration, please submit your application by 6/16/2023.