Employer: Carle Health
Opportunity: Education Assistance
Additional Information: https://carle.org/Careers/Education-Assistance
Carle is pleased to offer financial assistance for educational expenses to students enrolled in health career programs. Students may apply for an initial installment of $2500 per semester, and an additional application may be submitted for a total assistance amount of $5000. Some programs of study maybe have a higher amount of assistance available.
To qualify, you must:
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college, school or recognized program.
- Be within 18 months of graduation.
- Have a cumulative high school or college GPA of 2.75 or above on a 4.00 scale. Consideration will be given to strong academic performance in the Sciences.
- For nursing programs, at least one semester of clinical experience must be complete at the time of application.
Complete applications must be received by Carle Human Resources by the following deadlines for a student to be considered for a financial award.
- Fall Semester: July 15th
- Spring Semester: December 15th
- Summer Semester: April 15th
- Complete the entire online application with all required materials. Applicant’s recommenders will be sent an invitation to submit letters after applicant completes the online application. All 3 letters must be received by the application deadline.
- Applicants will be asked to interview with Carle Human Resources to discuss previous experiences and future educational and professional goals.
- Carle Human Resources will make recipient selections and notify applicants within 45 days of the application deadline date.
- If selected, students will be required to sign a future work commitment agreement and attend periodic status meetings with Carle Human Resources. These meetings will discuss the student’s progress through the program and offer any applicable resources needed.
- Payment will be made directly to the recipient and applicable income taxes will be deducted.
- Those recipients that receive and accept an offer of employment may repay the amount received through service credit. Employment will begin within two months of completion of the educational program. The start date will be in coordination with Carle’s orientation schedules. A commitment of 12 months of full time employment is required for each amount of $2500 awarded.
- Termination of employment, either voluntary or involuntary, before full payment through service credit will require that the balance be paid.
- Recipients that do not receive and accept an offer of employment or fail to complete the education program must repay the balance of the scholarship within one month.
For questions contact:
Carle Human Resources
611 W. Park Street, Urbana, IL 61801-9977
(217) 383-4000 or 1-800-22CARLE