Event: RN Hiring Event with Advocate Trinity Hospital
Hosted by: Advocate Aurora Health
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 Time: 9:00am-2:00pm
Location: 2329 E. 93rd St. Chicago, IL. 60617
Additional Information: https://careers.aah.org/job/16624798/registered-nurse-hiring-event-advocate-trinity-hospital-september-27th-chicago-il/
- Patient-Centered Wholistic Care – The registered nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
- Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Leadership –The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
- Compassion – The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times. Nurses promote relationship development with communities to create strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and communities served.
- Innovation – The registered nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance improvement, evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
- Professional Growth – The registered nurse is committed to lifelong learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
- • Graduate from an accredited school of nursing • See Education Addendum for site specific requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- • Good communication skills • Good computer skills • Good time management and organizational skills • Familiarity with patient care equipment
- • Current Illinois RN license • Current CPR • Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty – See Certification Addendum
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing Certain positions may need to take call Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.