Employer: Rush University Medical Center
Job Title: Patient Care Tech – Antepartum/Postpartum
Additional Information: https://rush.igreentree.com/css_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20220823142554&
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The PCT duties are of a technical nature requiring specialized training and skill. The PCT demonstrates the ability to care for patients of all ages in the clinical setting. The PCT exemplifies the Rush mission, vision, and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures
- Assists the RN in the delivery of patient care.
- Transports patients and (other) items as needed.
- Competently utilizes technology.
- Maintains a safe and orderly, well equipped environment.
- Demonstrates a professional work style in interactions with internal and external customers
- This is a representative description of duties for the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties which may be required
Position Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior formal clinical training is required. This may include CMA, CNA, PCT, EMT, corpsman, paramedic, nursing or medical student experience.
- Prior clinical experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Successful completion of the institutional screening examination is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
- RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
- Rush's 14-story hospital Tower is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation and is the symbol of a philosophy-an evolution in the delivery of patient-centered care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush is a not-for-profit health care, education and research enterprise comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Health.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 licensed beds