Employer: Springfield Clinic
Hiring Department: Ambulatory Surgery Center
Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Additional Information https://eify.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1004/requisitions/preview/3678/?keyword=CNA&mode=location
Reports to the Nurse Manager – Operative Services or Operations Manager.
- Assist with daily patient care activities including taking vital signs, administering testing such as blood glucose, PT/INR, Urine Pregnancy, etc., and assist patients to dress and use the restroom.
- Clean and stock all admitting and recovery bays.
- Keep linens stocked and order inventory as needed.
- Assist nursing staff to recover and discharge patient.
- Able to transfer patients to and from wheelchairs weighing up to 300 pounds
- Able to push patients in a wheelchair weighing up to 300 pounds
- Restock all foods/kitchen supplies as needed.
- Clean and prepare stretchers and recliners for patient use.
- Assist Central Supply Technician with restocking and inventory.
- Empty linen and garbage as needed.
- Assist and stock O2 tanks on stretchers.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way customer service philosophy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required, plus successful completion of CNA training
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in a clinical setting/medical related field desirable
- Registered in IL as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- CPR certification per American Heart Association guideline required within 30 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess manual dexterity to handle equipment and appliances.
- Must maintain professional behavior.
- Must maintain good physical health.
- Must have the ability to control emotions and maintain composure under stress, using tact and good judgment.
- Must be capable of stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must appear well groomed.
- Conditions include potential exposure to blood and body fluids, and/or potentially hazardous materials.
- Occasional heavy lifting required.