Scholarship: The Richard Rawle Memorial Scholarship
Description: For Full-Time Undergrad & Grad students active in their communities.
Due Date: June 1, 2023
Additional Information: https://www.checkcity.com/community-outreach/scholarship
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Richard Rawle Memorial Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college in the United States
- Be enrolled full-time
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
All students are encouraged to apply, regardless of their major or minor. This includes high school seniors starting college that year, undergraduate college students, and graduate college students.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above then you can fill out the scholarship application by hitting the Apply Now button on this page. The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
The application will ask for some basic information like:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- The name of your college or university (needs to be within the US)
- What year you are in college (high school graduates would be college freshmen)
- Your expected college graduation date
- Your current GPA (needs to be at least 2.5)
- A description of the community service or volunteer work that you have done
- A description of the extracurricular activities you have done
At the end of the application, upload the following documents:
Document 1: Scholarship Essay
Read our tips and tricks for writing a scholarship essay to learn more about what makes a great paper.
- Your scholarship essay should be at least 500 words.
- Upload your essay as a Microsoft Word Doc, a Google Doc, or a PDF.
- The scholarship essay should answer the following prompt:
“How have you given back to your community and what did you learn in the process?”
Document 2: Reference Letter(s)
- Submit at least 1 reference letter for your scholarship application.
- Upload your reference letter(s) as a Microsoft Word Doc, a Google Doc, or a PDF.
- Reference letters can be written by anyone who is familiar with the applicant. For instance, a teacher, a professor, an employer, or someone who has worked with the applicant in their community service endeavors. Family members are discouraged from writing reference letters for applicants.
Application Submission Deadline
The Richard Rawle Memorial Scholarship Committee will be accepting scholarship applications from January 1st to June 1st.
The scholarship application submission deadline is June 1st.
Once all submissions are received, they will be reviewed by the Richard Rawle Memorial Scholarship Committee and the scholarship winner will be announced on June 14th.
The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the university or college that the winning applicant is attending, with $1,000 being given for two semesters, accumulating in a total scholarship fund of $2,000 over the course of two semesters.