Employer: Hospital Sisters Health System
Position Title: RN New Grad Residency and Nurse Extern II Summer 2024
Additional Information: https://careers.hshs.org/jobs/58777?lang=en-us&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Quality health care begins with developing our caregivers. This program facilitates the transition of new nurses to professional practice with an orientation that combines classroom lectures, hands-on activities, clinical scenarios including simulation and support of a highly-skilled education team. The program then transitions to monthly support sessions featuring topics that help strengthen and enable new nurses with skills and strategies to be successful in their clinical practice.
• Clinical experience with one-to-one expert preceptors
• Didactic and simulation practicum
• Master complex concepts using scenario-based training
• Development of critical thinking, judgment skills, prioritization and organization skills
• Integration into organizational culture
• Professional and emotional support
• Improved job satisfaction, engagement and retention
**SIGN ON BONUS!
**For more info, please reach out to Lakyn.Miller@hshs.org
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families, and supervising assigned team members.
Graduate from an accredited and approved school of nursing accepted for licensure in the state of practice is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in state of practice is required.
Wisconsin: RNs may practice with a valid multi-state RN license as outlined in the Nurse Licensure Compact rules.
Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits including HSHS contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!