Employer: University of Illinois – Chicago
Hiring Department: Vice Chancellor for Innovation
Job Title: Graduate Assistantship
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/877?c=uic
The Human Resource Assistant will work with the Director of HR to perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the Vice Chancellor for Innovation's HR department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with all recruitment activities
- Assist with payroll functions
- Assist with new hire orientation and onboarding process
- Work with the director on a variety of employee engagement programs and other HR-related projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications