Employer: UI Health
Job Title: Staff Nurse 1 – Emergency Services
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/989?c=uic
Hiring Department: Emergency Services
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1013418
FTE : 1
Work Schedule – 1100-2330
Shift : Flex Days
# of Position: 1
Staff Nurse I is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and Relationship-Based Care model as the framework. The Staff Nurse I provides direct patient care and takes initiative to improve patient outcomes by integrating Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice, Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence into clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Staff Nurse I functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides quality patient care and fulfills unit and organizational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Compassion: We will treat our patients and their families with kindness and compassion and strive to better understand _x000D_ and respond to their needs. _x000D_ Accountability: We will hold ourselves accountable as an organization and as individuals to act ethically and responsibly _x000D_ in everything we do, to be excellent stewards of our natural and financial resources and to be transparent in our actions. _x000D_ We will make every effort to reduce waste in all forms, including waste that impacts human health. _x000D_ Respect: We will act with respect, openness and honesty in our relationships with patients, families and coworkers. We _x000D_ will work collaboratively to promote the well-being of the communities we serve and to advance patient care, education _x000D_ and research._x000D_ Excellence: We will work as a team to leverage best practices and innovation in providing the highest-quality care for our _x000D_ patients and families. We will devote ourselves to continuously improve in everything we do.
0.9 Flex Days
- BSN Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current license as a Professional Registered Nurse from State of Illinois
- Current AHA BLS/CPR and other required unit specific certifications
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) that facilitate therapeutic relationships between patients, family, and health care providers
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to become proficient in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) with on-the-job training
- Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history required.