Employer: Rush University Medical Center
Job Title: Community Health Registered Nurse
Additional Information: https://rush.igreentree.com/CSS_external/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20220531083432&
Community Health Registered Nurse
The Community/Public Health Nurse is a nurse with knowledge in a specialized area of nursing who promotes and provides quality care to individuals, groups, and communities. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Assesses health needs of individuals and the community.
- Plans and delivers nursing care for individuals, groups, and communities.
- Promotes continuity of care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team at assigned agency.
- Maintains, interprets, and evaluates health records and medical reports for clients.
- Develops and implements health education and prevention programs based on assessed needs.
- Implements various screening programs based on community needs.
- Utilizes community resources for client referral.
- Plans and delivers staff educational programs related to agency/client needs.
- Participates in agency program development and evaluation.
- Monitors compliance of regulated programs.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Acts as a preceptor for Rush, as requested, at assigned agency site.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to work in complex organizational systems.
- Interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
- Ability to use computer system to enter or retrieve data.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in Community/Public Health Nursing.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) has awarded Rush full accreditation for three years. Rush is one of the first academic medical centers in Illinois to receive this accreditation.
- As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
- RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
- Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation's top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.