Employer: Springfield Clinic
Job Title: Nurse Extern (IPT)
Additional Information: https://www.springfieldclinic.com/careers
The Clinical Support Technician is responsible for functioning as an entry level assistant to the physician, optometrist, NP/PA, and licensed/certified personnel in the areas of direct and indirect patient care.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Follow all Clinic policies including the Dress Code Policy, Attendance, and Clinic Performance Standards.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standard
- Assist in answering phones.
- Clean clinical areas before and after each patient use.
- Prepare patient for physician exam/procedure.
- Interview patient to determine chief complaint and document information in medical record.
- Take vital signs and document results.
- May perform office common procedures with supervision such as but not limited to blood draws, suture removal, staple removal, etc.
- May perform common point of care tests with supervision such as vision screenings, urine analysis, glucose, A1C, etc.
- Schedule appointments effectively and efficiently according to patient needs.
- Organize all medical information and place in the record.
- Attend all educational sessions for job role.
- Patient experience preferred. Strong interest in healthcare field.
- High school or GED.
- Within 6 weeks of employment, CST will select pathway of study and department of employment.
- Within a year of hire, a certification will be obtained as applicable (CMA, COA, or CPT).
- Current CPR certification per American Heart Association guidelines within 30 days of hire date.
- Works in office setting during the hours the Clinic is available to patients/families.
- Sitting vs. standing averages to 50-50%.
- Minimal lifting requirements. Occasional lifting required for orthopedics, geriatrics and internal medicine.