Employer: Carle Health
Job Title: RN Coordinator – Mobile Health Clinic
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/36725
The Mobile Health Services RN Program Coordinator position will be responsible for coordinating Carle and community partner efforts to identify locations, create policies and procedures, and facilitate staffing in order to launch Mobile Health Services within McLean County and grow the service into a daily operation. This position will work with Leadership to grow and expand Mobile Health Services and help with oversight of daily operations, VFC/ICARE management, and supply/equipment needs. In addition, the Mobile Health RN Program Coordinator will have a knowledge of chronic disease management and be prepared to provide linkages to community and social service organizations for patients meeting the criteria these services. The Mobile Health Services RN Program Coordinator will utilize a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing. This unique nursing opportunity will facilitate care delivery from the mobile health units when deployed out in the community. The mobile health services RN Program Coordinator will work in an environment that requires flexibility, understanding of the dynamics of the community as well as an awareness of cultural dynamics and the delivery of education within these fluid circumstances.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Driver's License Illinois upon hire.
Three years ambulatory nursing experience. preferrederred: Ambulatory clinic experience but will consider other nursing experience. preferrederred experience in community health, home health, case management, mental and behavioral health, pediatric/child health services, family medicine, womenï¿½s health services and integrating with diverse populations.
- Coordinates daily nursing activities of Mobile Health Clinic.
- Ensures all staff members are adequately trained and are competent to perform all required job tasks.
- Collaborates with Mobile Health Services RN Manager in staffing, scheduling, and clinic locations.
- Perform telephone triage of both acute and chronic needs for patient of all ages.
- Develop linkages with chronic disease specialty services at Carle for referral to the mobile health clinic patient.
- Performs all essential job functions of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administer immunizations and medications to all ages.
- Oversees McLean County MHC ICARE - VFC/CHIP program.
- Coordinate the quality oversight of patient throughput, care delivery, and customer service for Mobile Health Clinic patients.
- Provides and facilitates competent healthcare of patients and families in areas of practice
- Assists in development and review of department policies, procedures, orders, scheduling practices, and competencies.
- Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes
- Work closely with entire mobile health services team to ensure continuity of care and appropriate follow up for mobile health clinic patients
- Work closely and develop community partnerships to help deliver healthcare to the communities we service
- Assist with data collection and interpretation to ensure quality care delivery
- Assists in completing McLean County site assessments, EPIC department builds, and all other duties involved in evaluating when and where the Mobile Health Clinic can provide services.
- Serve as primary contact for community partners at site locations of MHC services.
- Works collaboratively with providers, manager, and medical director to advance department strategic development.
- Works collaboratively with CHI leadership team, to advance division-wide strategic initiatives, projects, and services.