Employer: Swedish Hospital
Hiring Department: ICU
Job Title: Staff Nurse ($5,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Additional Information: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/SWE1003SCHMC/JobBoard/b3bbfb25-ba1f-43ae-a6cb-4f0e2cb70043/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3f261bfb-e80c-4cdb-9dff-e6482f3fb1c2
As an experienced practitioner, the Staff Nurse Level II is accountable for providing high quality, individualized, goal directed care for all levels of patients and their families in accordance with the philosophy of the Division of Nursing.
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Hospital, exhibits a service orientation and adheres to all responsibilities and standards of the hospital.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of nursing care to patients and their families.
- Maintains competency reflective of current standards practice.
- Interacts and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence-based practice and research findings into nursing practice.
- Recognizes and adjusts to situations that vary from the norm.
- Promotes safety measures to prevent patient and staff injuries.
- Guides and supervises staff in the provision of patient care.
- Enhances own professional growth and development.
- Maintains a safe therapeutic working environment and recognizes need for action in emergency situations.
- Documentation is thoroughly and timely completed
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Staff Nurses working in specialty areas possess a knowledge of procedures specific to that patient population including age specific needs. Level II nurses are encouraged and supported to obtain specialty certification.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A Staff Nurse Level II requires at least one year of experience as a staff nurse. Two years of experience in critical care is preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrates mastery of nursing skills.
- Communicates effectively and is able to guide and supervise nursing personnel.
- Current Illinois Nursing licensure
- American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and NIHSS within 3 months of hire
- PALS, NRP may be required within six months depending on the unit requirements
- Committee membership and participation
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Patients and their families and significant others, Division of Nursing Staff, Medical Staff, and other hospital personnel.
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Computer system access for the Nursing Division is assigned based on criteria and on the minimum necessary as described in this job description. Approval for level of access is given by the system administrator (for Nursing Division, this is Nursing Informatics) or the department that has ownership of system/module.
- May be in an upright position and moving about most of the working time.
- May lift heavy objects.
- Use of computer.
- Potential for exposure to chemicals, airborne diseases, blood and bodily fluids.
- Risk of injury by violent patient.
EOE: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bachelors or better in Nursing.
Licenses & Certifications
Advance Cardiac Life Supp