Scholarship: Community Growth Scholarship
Description: For undergraduate & Graduate students with an interest in community services
Due Date: June 15, 2023
Additional Information: https://www.vilesandbeckman.com/about-us/community-growth-scholarship/
Viles & Beckman awards a $2,500 academic-based scholarship to a deserving student who is pursuing higher education at an accredited college/university or graduate school. Students from all areas of study are invited to participate. Interested students must use the form on this page to apply. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2023.
Both current and incoming students are encouraged to apply. One winner will be selected by a scholarship selection committee formed by representatives of Viles & Beckman.
About the Scholarship
As a personal injury law firm, Viles & Beckman is dedicated to the development, enrichment, and protection of local communities. We help injured people get compensation, but recovering from a serious injury is truly a community endeavor.
The Community Growth Scholarship is about ensuring that our schools and local communities are strong presences that sustain and uplift the citizens that make them up.
In order to qualify for the Community Growth Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Attend or be accepted to attend an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Have legal residency or citizenship in the U.S.
- Adhere to all the terms and conditions of this scholarship
- Submit proof of enrollment, personal identification, and additional required documents via the form on this page
- Author an original 1,000-word essay on the topic provided below
The following people are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Employees of Viles & Beckman, LLC
- Children of Viles & Beckman, LLC employees
- Applicants unwilling to be interviewed by representatives of Viles & Beckman, LLC upon winning the award
- Applicants who have submitted the same essay for multiple scholarships
- Previous winners of the Viles & Beckman Community Growth Scholarship