Title: Department of Veterans Affairs
Position: Registered Nurse – Acute Care
Additional Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/638322100
The Med/Surg. Nurse is a highly skilled individual who functions within the Acute Care areas of Nursing and Patient Care, and various patient care areas to provide clinical nurse expertise, care, and education to diverse patient populations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other health team members to assure quality care is provided to various Veteran patients.
- Required to work and support multiple inpatient areas within the medical center as staffing and patient acuity needs acutely arise.
- Analyze patient care and systems problems and bring these problems to resolution. Anticipate and implement preventive patient care measures.
- Documents on approved VA forms/computer programs.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to adult and geriatric patients in the medicine/telemetry environment.
- Assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Develops teaching plans based on assessment of individual needs.
- Capable of relieving the Patient Care manager during his/her absence; and may function as Charge Nurse.
- Full time
- Weekend/holiday/Off Tour rotation required
- Day Shift 5:45am - 6:15pm & Night Shift 5:45pm - 6:15am
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.