Employer: Arkos Health
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Additional Information: https://arkoshealth.bamboohr.com/careers/375
Welcome to Arkos Health! We are a value-based healthcare company providing solutions for payors and providers by combining unique technology with in-home, virtual, and in-clinical care for patients. Backed by a robust technology platform, innovative software, and a light human touch, Arkos Health is committed to delivering advanced and accessible community-based services allowing our clients to live healthier, more independent lives. How do we do this? Arkos serves health plans and provider organizations by managing their highest-risk and highest-cost populations. Our goal is to be the most valued partner to health plans, service providers, and the community we collectively serve.
How You'll Make a Difference:
Arkos Health is seeking Nurse Practitioners - Home Wellness. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, plan, management, education, health promotion and care coordination for member health needs. This position is recognized as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and Independent Licensed Practitioner by the Illinois State Board of Nursing and will provide care within the scope of practice as outlined by applicable state law, licensing, and regulations. The ideal candidate for this role demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise in working with members with acute and chronic conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs in-home history and physical assessments that are complete, accurate, relevant and appropriate for age, gender and clinical presentation and/or problem based on referral visit type for members served. “In-home” and “referral visit type” may be located at private residences, facilities, provider offices. Visit type may include acute, palliative assessment or follow up, CHA, or home health request for evaluation
- Demonstrates knowledge of etiologies, risk factors, pathophysiology, and presentation of acute and chronic conditions
- Conducts thorough review of available member records in preparation for scheduled visit to assist in supporting capture of appropriate diagnoses, while utilizing critical thinking to interpret diagnostic studies and screening evaluations to develop appropriate diagnosis and plan based on results
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and alters treatment plan of care as needed
- Makes recommendations and/or adjustments to medications as needed
- Demonstrates and maintains accurate, complete, and timely documentation in electronic health record to include but not limited to:
- Correct diagnosis code(s)
- Status of all acute and chronic conditions identified
- Plan to address all diagnosis identified at time of visit
- Demonstrates understanding and working knowledge of key elements of Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) and Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) model within 30 days of hire
- Demonstrates understanding and working knowledge of key elements of Quality STAR/HEDIS measures within 30 days of hire
- Rotation of telephonic on call coverage after hours
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current and valid State of Illinois RN license required
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and Illinois Advanced Practice Nursing license required; Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Board Certification from a nationally recognized certifying body for Nurse Practitioners required
- Unrestricted prescribing and dispensing privileges with DEA licensure required
- 2 years’ experience as Advanced Practice Nurse preferred
- Experience working with adult, older adult, geriatric population preferred
- Experience and understanding of population health management preferred
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize dynamic patient conditions
- Flexibility, adaptability with ability to shift work assigned based on competing needs of the organization
- Driving is a requirement for this position. Current Arizona driver's license and proof of insurance
- · Employer-paid Medical premiums at no cost to you
- · Employer-paid Dental premiums at no cost to you
- · Employer-paid Vision premiums at no cost to you
- · Employer-paid Short-Term Disability premiums at no cost to you
- · Employer-paid Life Insurance premiums at no cost to you
- · Employer matching 401(k)
- · 15 days annual combined sick/vacation and 9 days of holiday during your first year
- · Your Birthday off!
Must complete our Culture Index Survey. Take the assessment at https://go.cultureindex.com/s/bg3VS0H2kF. This is not a pass/fail test and does not measure intelligence.
Arkos Health EEO Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arkos Health is a drug-free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.