Employer: University of Illinois – Chicago
Hiring Department: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
Job Title: Grad Hourly – Research Data Management
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6529?c=uic
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research is seeking 2 Research Data Management - Graduate Hourly positions to begin the Fall semester. Anticipated hours per week are 15-20 with an hourly rate of $30.05.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Data Policy Advisor and Data Management Librarian – to assist with federal data sharing requirements
Provide Data Management Plan drafting and editing support for researchers. Data sharing plans should describe how an applicant will share their final research data. The specifics of the plan will vary on a case-by-case basis, depending on the type of data to be shared and how the investigator plans to share the data. Examples of information to cover in a data sharing plan include: the expected schedule for data sharing; the format of the dataset; the documentation to be provided with the dataset; whether any analytic tools also will be provided; whether a data-sharing agreement will be required.
Assist in development of data management training materials
Assist in offering group, lab, and one on one trainings
Assist with the creation, coordination, and dissemination of documentation related to research data management
Assist in development of video and written tutorials and resource sites
Work cooperatively with team to achieve goals
Work on multiple projects with minimal supervision
Perform other related duties and assist the team in special projects as assigned
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- Degree-seeking student in a UIC Master's or Ph.D. program (preferred in Biology, Health Informatics, Health-related or Library Science) and in good academic standing.
- Demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat
- Ability for in person and remote work
- Punctuality, reliability, and consistency.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and to conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience with research data management
- Experience with NIH Funded research
- Video tutorial experience
- Experience with blackboard
- Available through end of Spring 2024