Scholarship: Diversity in Healthcare Scholarship
Description: For diverse population of students with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
Due Date: May 1, 2023
Additional Information: https://www.hacu.net/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=4154
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities has partnered with the United Health Foundation to offer 95 Diversity in Health Care Scholarships in the amount of $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester). Application deadline is May 1, 2023.
Applications are currently being accepted from full-time or part-time sophomore, junior, graduate or professional studies students who are pursuing degrees (associate, bachelor, master, doctorate) that will lead to careers as clinical professionals that may include physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, nurse, pharmacist, dentist, social worker, addiction counselor, clinical psychologist or related clinical profession.
Scholarships may be renewed annually for up to 3 years (maximum $15,000) as long as the student maintains eligibility requirements or until the student has completed their intended degree, whichever comes first.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a HACU-member institution that is an accredited academic institution in the U.S.
- Have at least two years of study before anticipated degree completion date.
- Must currently have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Identify as Hispanic/ Latino, Black/African American, Native American/ Alaska Native or Asian or is focused on the health of these communities or other underrepresented racial/ethnic groups.
Scholarship benefits include:
¡Adelante! Leadership Institute
- Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to attend the ¡Adelante! Leadership Institute at HACU’s Annual Conference during their junior year.
Emerging Leaders’ Summits
- A total of 30 juniors and 35 sophomores will be invited to attend HACU Emerging Leaders’ Summits held throughout the year.
All Scholarship Recipients:
- Students will be invited to attend Webinars with HACU partners to learn about current career opportunities in their field (available to all 95 recipients);
- Students will be eligible to apply for internships with corporate and federal partners (a minimum of 10 students will receive placement by HACU);
The deadline to submit applications is May 1, 2023. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.