Employer: Carle Foundation Hospital
Position Title: Student Nurse Internship Program
Additional Information: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_carle/external/en-us/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=46886&localeCode=en-us
When applying please attach a resume that includes extracurricular activities, leadership roles, and current licenses and/or certifications. Please attach a copy of your most recent unofficial transcripts.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Nursing Intern functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Demonstrates competency in skills outlined in competency modules including measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with activities of daily living.
- As directed by the registered nurse, collects and documents data accurately and timely.
- Stock nurse servers, order supplies, and other tasks associated with unit maintenance and day to day operation.
- Completes all mandatory training and competency modules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted.