Employer: Carle Foundation Hospital
Job Title: Health Care Tech/C.N.A
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/42617
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
High School Diploma/Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Empty and record output from variety of surgically placed drains.
- Care and maintenance of ostomies.
- Assistance with mobility of patients under the guidance of the RN.
- Removal of sutures and staples from surgical incisions.
- Completes post-operative collection of vital signs.