Employer: University of Illinois Chicago
Title: Grad Teaching Assistant BA 200
Hiring Department: Department of Marketing
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/139?c=uic
Responsible for performing duties to assist course instructors in managing and teaching Managerial Communications courses and supporting these students. The distribution of duties may vary, depending on demand; and at the direction of the Director of BA 200. Will work under the direction of the course instructors and be expected to assist with the implementation of course curriculum and feedback to students. Candidate must have outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
10 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a supportive course environment where students feel safe sharing professional experiences.
- Assist faculty to identify, assess, and implement resources to support course instruction and student learning.
- Track student participation in classroom discussions and take steps to ensure active participation from each member of a student group.
- Participate in students’ group discussion forums.
- Correspond with students as needed to clarify assignments.
- Record students’ group responses.
- Other duties as assigned to support business communications.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Basic Blackboard computer skills
- Must currently be enrolled in a Graduate Program at UIC