Employer: Concordia University Chicago
Job Title: Simulation Center Coordinator
Additional Information: https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=178526392&Title=Simulation%20Center%20Coordinator
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Simulation Center Coordinator for the Division of Nursing. This position reports directly to the Director of the Division of Nursing and is located in River Forest, IL.
The Simulation Center Coordinator of the Division of Nursing provides support to all stakeholders of the Division, including the Director, Associate Director, faculty, staff, and students. This individual is expected to maintain the day-to-day operations of the CUC Nursing Simulation Center while providing strong customer service that is professional, accurate, and timely.
- Operates simulation equipment with the ability to manipulate physiologic data, follow medical aspects of scenarios, interpret participant's responses and make appropriate adjustments based on participant's actions
- Coordinates and executes "life-like" medical simulation scenarios including emergency medicine; life support; patient care; clinician/patient interactions
- Assists students and faculty educators in utilization of simulation equipment, providing an appropriate orientation to simulator features and the simulated learning environment and mentoring as needed
- Maintains simulation hours log for staff certifications
- Coordinates the set-up and take down logistics of experiential learning activities to include equipment and instruments, ensuring the center is a clean, safe, operational facility and optimal learning environment
- Monitors inventory supplies and advises on procurement in collaboration with the Director of Nursing, ordering supplies as needed
- Oversees equipment repairs and maintenance agreements
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, calibrates, and maintains medical diagnostic equipment, mechanical systems, instruments, and other equipment of the simulation labs
- Provides technical support for computer-based multimedia systems and their components, including operation of computerized simulators and manikins, digital cameras, video cameras, audio/video mixer, digital analog converter, monitors, LCD projectors, diagnostic and other equipment
- Ensures the safety and compliance of simulation activity, adhering to Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) Accreditation Standards
- Candidates must support and be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS)
- Knowledge of Laerdal and other AV simulation systems
- Programming knowledge of medical high-fidelity simulators (Laerdal, Gaumard), Python, HTML, and WordPress
- General knowledge of servers, databases, and web applications
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
Minimum Experience Required:
A minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in a related discipline, including Medical Simulation, IT/AV/ Computer, Firefighter/Paramedic, Healthcare, and Biomedical or Health Sciences is required.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline required, Master's degree preferred, or
- An equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved, to total 5 years
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan (Basic Life Insurance)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
Interested individuals should include the following in their online application:
- Cover letter
- Copies of post-secondary academic transcripts that reflect completion of advanced degree(s) (Official transcripts will be required upon hiring of successful candidates.)
- Names and phone numbers of three references
* Only applicants submitting all required documentation above will be considered.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities - Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.