Position: Student Nurse I
- Location: Evergreen Park, Illinois
- Req ID: 43836
- Facility: Little Co of Mary Med Ctr
- Shift: Variable Shift
- Schedule: Days and hours will vary
- Hours per week: 12 hours in 6 Week period
- Benefits Status: Limited
- Department: Medical Surgical 6 West
The Student Nurse I provides an opportunity for nursing students to advance their knowledge and skills in providing patient care while giving consideration to the progression of their education and scholastic performance. The Intern is partnered with a RN who develops and supervises the Student Nurse's experience while retaining full accountability and responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Performs basic nursing procedures appropriate for the age and/or development of the patients served. In addition to performing normal duties of a Nursing Assistant, must demonstrate competency in technical nursing skills generally learned/acquired during their first year of a nursing program; job duties will expand as skills are learned and competencies are documented by RN partner. The following are general characteristics of this job, although duties may vary by the shift and/or unit assigned.
- CPR American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS
- Has completed a medical surgical course. (Fundamentals of Nursing).
- Must have completed a clinical rotation of at least 40 hours.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft software