Employer: Carle Health
Job Title: Inpatient RN – Peds/PAC/PICU
Additional Information: https://carle.org/careers/job/33706
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
Associates Nursing or College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Works collaboratively with Pediatric Intensivists and Pediatric Hospitalists in the care of the Pediatric ICU/ Pediatric Advanced Care patient and Pediatric Med/Surg patients
- Monitors intake and output of all pediatric patient assignment
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Administers medications using proper bar code scanning
- Notifies appropriate provider with high alert lab results
- Severs as a mandated reports for all suspected abuse/neglect cases
- Ensures excellent communication with patients, families through meaningful hourly rounding, bedside report and whiteboard updates
- Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team to ensure quality outcomes