Employer: UChicago Medicine Advent Health Great Lakes
Title: Nurse Residency Program – Multiple Locations
Additional Information: https://www.applytracking.com/x.aspx?method=direct&type=apply&Job=23025866&ClientCode=11718&board=5815E4D9-47D3-45BB-9277-83E7D2BF3BDB&utm_source=appcast&utm_medium=indeed&utm_campaign=NR%20|%20Great%20Lakes
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- $200/month Student Loan Repayment Program
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Mental Health Resources, including Free Counseling
- Benefits, Paid Days Off and Comprehensive Pet Insurance from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining UChicago Medicine AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. UChicago Medicine AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Campus Offerings within Great Lakes Region:
- UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Hinsdale – Hinsdale, IL
- UChicago Medicine AdventHealth La Grange – La Grange, IL
- UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Bolingbrook – Bolingbrook, IL
- UChicago Medicine AdventHealth GlenOaks – Glendale Heights, IL
New graduate RN full-time positions may be offered on the following units (availability fluctuates for each start date based on campus needs):
- Medical/Surgical Specialties
- Critical Care
- Emergency Department*
- Women and Children Specialties*
- Availability subject to change.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nurse Resident is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses (GN) and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- The Nurse Resident is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities.
- New Grad RNs will use the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Must be a graduate of a school of nursing OR must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (CCNE or ACEN preferred).
- Must have less than one (1) year of experience.
- Must be graduating in the next year or have graduated within the past year.
- Current Illinois RN license (may apply without license, but must have license prior to licensure deadline).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association.
- Professional Resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.