Employer: UI Health
Job Title: CNA – Pediatrics/Pediatrics ICU
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/2778?c=uic
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse II (LPN), the Nursing Technician delivers patient care utilizing the Relationship-Based Care model as a framework. The Nurse Technician provides care and takes initiative to improve patient outcomes by supporting Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice, Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence in clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Nurse Technician functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides patient care and fulfills unit and organizational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Perform CNA duties.
Shift: Evenings 3pm-1130pm; Also, rotating weekends
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Possession of a CNA license from an accredited institution/school/program.
- Registered and active in the
Illinois Department of Public Health – Health Care Work Registry
- Current AHA BLS/CPR and other required unit specific certifications
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) that facilitate therapeutic relationships between patients, family, and health care providers
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to become proficient in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) with on-the-job training
- Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history required.