Employer: Grapefruit Health
Job Title: Student Patient Partner
Additional Information: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/grapefruit-health-student-patient-partner-d599ef62-d212-4bf2-969f-578581d408cb
Description of role:
Grapefruit Health is a healthcare company that is addressing the massive staffing shortage in healthcare by recruiting training, and managing clinical students to perform remote interactions with patients using out specialized software to do so. Patients get the care they need, healthcare organizations can do much more, and students get to learn while they earn. It is a win-in-in!
We are currently seeking additional clinical students to come work with us. This can be any clinical student type including but not limited to nursing, pharmacy, social work, medical assistant, certified nursing assistants, and more. You’ll have the ability to utilize the clinical skill sets and communication processes you’ve learned in your clinical program by conducting telephonic interactions with patients. Each student will commit to a minimum of 10 telephonic patient encounters per week.
Required with submission:
- Two-minute of less video explaining why you would be a good fit for Grapefruit Health and why you think learning how to perform care telephonically is important to prepare you to become a clinical. These do not need to be very formal and are mostly for us to evaluate your communication style. Be yourself and have fun with it!
- Please email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please utilize your personal email when applying since school addresses sometimes can get blocked.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Dedicated to engaging in 20 call attempts per week resulting n approximately 6-9 patient interactions.
- Ability to successfully converse with patients
- Perform interactions/assessments with patients remotely over the phone while using software.
- Escalate concerns for patient safety
- Adhere to all Grapefruit Health’s policies and guidelines
- Protect the confidentiality and privacy of all patient information
- Adhere to HIPAA standards
- Must be a current clinical student
- Must have access to personal computer/tablet and personal cell phone with voice calling
- Ability to work in a quiet environment, free of distractions
- Engaging and positive conversationalist, really enjoy speaking with people and have a strong desire to work on their speaking skills
- Interest in working with patients remotely.
- Fluent in secondary language
- Two in-person clinical rotations
- GPA greater than 3.0