Employer: Loyola Medicine
Job Title: Patient Care Tech – Primary Care
Additional Information: https://jobs.trinity-health.org/loyolamedicine/job/00335464/CMA-Certified-Medical-Assistant-or-PCT-Patient-Care-Tech-Primary-Care-Park-Ridge
- The Ambulatory PCT II Service Representative promotes increased utilization of Loyola services by maintaining a customer service attitude that reflects the mission, vision and values of Loyola Medicine. The individual ensures effective clinical/clerical operations for the service area and performs all job duties under the highest customer service standards to exceed customer expectations. Always conveys a professional and positive image of Loyola Medicine during interactions with patients, families, physicians, staff members and internal departments.
**BILINGUAL IN POLISH/ENGLISH, HIGHLY PREFERRED**
We are seeking EITHER a CMA - Certified Medical Assistant or PCT - Patient Care Tech for this Primary Care Office.
Demonstrates ownership of front office and interacts with patients
and family members in a professional and welcoming manner according to
established guidelines and procedures. a.) Utilizes protocol established for greeting
patients at check in and servicing patients during the check out procedure
SCHEDULES PATIENT TESTING
- Schedules through EPIC patient testing and therapy prescribed by physician to ensure that comprehensive patient care is delivered.
- Ensures that tests are scheduled appropriately with orders, urgency of care, in appropriate location and time most convenient for the patient.
- Provides general testing information instructions to patient as appropriate (i.e., no
eating/drinking for 24 hours, time frame of test, need for driver, etc.
General Patient Care:
- Rooming patients, vital signs, phlebotomy, EKG, O2 saturation check, waived testing. Maintaining patient safety and assist with ambulation of patients with assistive devices i.e. cane, walker, crutches, and assist with transfer/transport procedures as needed.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
Required: Less than one year of previous job-related experience
Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Required: Either State of Illinois CNA or CMA certification issued by one of the following:
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
American Medical Technologists (AMT)
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
National Health career Association (NHA)
Basic Life Support (CPR)
Nursing - CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.