Application for Poster Abstract Submission
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
14th Annual Brinson Foundation Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Symposium
Thursday & Friday, April 21 & 22, 2022
Virtual Microsoft Teams
Nurse researchers, educators, practitioners, administrators and students are encouraged to submit their abstracts for poster presentation reporting on completed research, research in progress and evidence-based practice projects on a wide range of nursing topics. This year’s theme is:
Unmasking the Pandemic's Impact on Nursing and the Community
We will also be selecting outstanding submissions for awards for:
- Best overall poster
- Best poster submitted by clinical nurses
- Best Interprofessional
Directions: Download and complete the following application, following instructions in each field. Applications should be submitted to Drew Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than January 14, 2022
- Submissions must include the following 2 components (sent as separate Microsoft Word attachments):
- Abstract UN-BLINDED
- Abstract BLINDED (names, credentials, affiliations and any other identifying information should be removed)
- APA format should be used
- Abstract: Limit to 500 words; limit to two pages.
- Format: Single-spaced in body; Times New Roman 12 pt. font; Margins 1 inches on left and 1 inch on top, bottom and right.
Acceptance and Presentation:
- Primary presenter will be notified, via email, no later than February 4, 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the primary presenter to contact other co-presenters.
- Registration, including payment of the registration fee for non- NM attendees, for the symposium is required of all attendees, including poster presenters.
- Presenters must be present during the designated time on the virtual event to allow colleagues to ask questions. The presenter can be someone other than the primary author/investigator as long as he/she is an integral part of the project team.
- By submitting your abstract application you are agreeing to share your contact information as well as a PDF of the final poster for attendees to access
*It is important to address each element listed and adhere to the project directions, including word count, or the poster abstract may be not accepted.
Title: [Limit to 65 characters, UPPER CASE]
Authors: [last name and credentials of author(s). Primary author and/or presenter should be listed first]
Contact Information for primary author/presenter: [Name, email (for purpose of attendee questions)]
Purpose: Including Research question(s) and objectives
Problem and Significance to Nursing:
Design: [Select from the following]:
- Level I: Experimental, RCT, Systematic review of RCT with or without meta-analysis
- Level II: Quasi-Experimental, Systematic review of a combination of RCT’s and quasi-experimental, or quasi-experimental studies only, with or without meta-analysis.
- Level III: Non-experimental: Descriptive, comparative, correlational, survey, or use of secondary data, or qualitative.
- Level IV: Translational: QI project, opinion of respected authorities and/or nationally recognized expert committees/consensus panels based on scientific evidence.
Theory or Conceptual Framework: (ex. Everett Rogers for translational research. Explain how the theory or conceptual framework supports the project):
Methods: [Include instruments as appropriate. Tools should include validity and reliability measures]
Analysis or Planned Analysis:
Findings or expected findings:
Conclusions/Recommendations (if available):
Implications: [For nursing practice, administration, education, policy, or future research]