Scholarship: Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
Description: for family members of service members and Veterans to achieve their educational dreams.
Due Date: September 30, 2023
Additional Information: https://www.enhancelives.com/scholarships/
The Veterans United Foundation Scholarship creates opportunities for family members of service members and Veterans to achieve their educational dreams. Launched in 2012, the scholarship program is funded by contributions from Veterans United Home Loans and its employees. Since our scholarship program was created, over $1 MILLION has been awarded to support the educational dreams of military families across the U.S.
To qualify for the scholarship program, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- The applicant is a veteran with 100% service connected disability
- The applicant is a surviving spouse of a deceased servicemember from a service-related death
- The applicant is a surviving child of a deceased servicemember from a service-related death
Awards will be granted based on the following criteria:
Share your story of how your military service or losing your spouse/parent affected you. Explain who you are, where your life has taken you, and what you hope to pursue through your college education and beyond.
Determined by the Veterans United Foundation awards team and based on full FAFSA submission.
Your community, church, athletic and school involvement or achievements, plus anything else you would like to have considered (may include photos, drawings, poems, writings, etc.).
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university for the upcoming semester
- Pursuing an associate's, bachelor's, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Comfortable with sharing personal stories and aspirations with Veterans United Foundation
- Able to provide the following within three business days of application submission:
- Deceased parent or spouse's military documents (DD214 and death certificate /or DD1300)
- Official benefit letter showing disability rating (if applicable)
- Full FAFSA submission
- Proof of enrollment from your accredited college or university
- Government-issued photo ID
- Able to provide Veterans United Foundation with receipts or invoices related to eligible educational costs as they are incurred in order to receive payment. Eligible costs include tuition, books, fees, school materials and some aspects of room and board as determined by Veterans United Foundation.
- Candidates may be required to complete a background check