Employer: University of Illinois Chicago – College of Nursing
Job Title: Hourly Graduate Research Associate
Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia Prevention: Intervention, Evaluation & Research (HAPPIER)
Assist with project implementation, evaluation, and dissemination; primary responsibilities include data collection via extraction of medical records/QI reports, data entry into REDCap, ensuring intervention units have supplies, and educating/motivating nursing staff to document and conduct patient oral care.
Susan Vonderheid, PhD, RN (Site Primary Investigator[PI])- Human Development Nursing Science, Clinical Assistant Professor
College of Nursing, or Research Specialist/Project Director.
UIC College of Nursing
845 S. Damen
Chicago, IL 60612
FW-College of Nursing
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the PI/Research Specialist, investigators to implement all components of the research protocol; and assist the Research Specialist to support students learning research and engaging in components of the research project.
- Assist the PI/Research Specialist with unit-level implementation of study protocols including, but not limited to education of personnel implementing the study protocols, continuous monitoring of fidelity and motivating unit personnel who deliver oral care to ensure study goals are met
- Collaborate with the PI/Research Specialist to coordinate day-to-day responsibilities, monitoring, and data collection.
- Collect and monitor data and communicate any changes or concerns to the PI/Research Specialist in a timely manner
- Assist in preparation of data results; and assist in the writing of results for abstracts, publications, presentations, posters, and grants.
- Collaborate and communicate required information with the dental services professionals.
- Coordinate with supply chain to oversee the supply chain organization of oral care supplies on study units
- Registered Nurse (preferred)
- Experience using Epic electronic health record (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required.
- A minimum of one-year related research experience. (preferred)
- Knowledge of research concepts, practices, and procedures. (preferred)
To Apply: submit resume/CV to Dr. Susan Vonderheid at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day Monday, December 12, 2022.
*Please note this role may require updated background check and/or health screening. *