Employer: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital
Title: Nursing Assistant – Inpatient Neuro Endo Unit
Additional Information: https://luriechildrens.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/externalportal/details/Nursing-Assistant-Inpatient-Neuro-Endo-Full-time--sign-on-bonus--1500-_JR202116850?jobFamilyGroup=ff24eac9af7d011994edc40d6a5b0000
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
The Nursing Assistant (NA) works under the direction of a Registered Nurse to provide care for patients/families with acute and chronic diseases, disorders found in the pediatric and adolescent into the young adult populations. Actively supports the Hospital's and the department's quality goals and service excellence principles.
- Direct patient care: assists with the following tasks under the direction of an RN:
- Orienting families to the ambulatory clinic area
- Vital signs measurement per department standard
- Documentation of patient data per department standard either on paper record or in EMR
- Emptying fluid collection containers
- Point of care testing/controls glucose, hemocult, urine dipstick, hemoglobin A1C, HCG testing
- PO feeding
- Bulb suctioning
- Assisting with procedures
- Assisting with intra hospital transport
- Holding patients
- Providing comfort measures
2. Stocking and maintenance:
- Changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
- Distributing linen
- Clean rooms after discharge
- Replacing canisters, oxygen tubing, and nebulizers per protocol
- Obtaining unit supplies
- Returning unused supplies/equipment from patient room and treatment room and charges items to central area designated by unit.
- Assisting with sending labs
- Phone calling/paging as directed
- Coverage for clerk
- Keeping unit orderly
- Cleaning equipment and toys
- Checking and recording refrigerator temperatures
- Checking and recording of AED checks
5. Documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
6. Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the Pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
7. High school diploma / GED, plus completion of program leading to certification as Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
8. Must be able to safely immobilize children, if necessary, and be able to move equipment and patients; respond quickly to patient care situations; effectively communicate with patients/families, physicians, and patient care staff, and meet professional image and communication standards.
9. Bilingual ability preferred.
10. Basic Life Support certification.
High School Diploma/GED (Required)