Employer: University of Illinois Chicago
Hiring Department: Family and Community Medicine
Job Title: Research Associate II
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/5567?c=uic
Application Clare Date: 6/16/2023
The Research Associate II will be responsible for overall scientific management of research projects in the Department of Family and Community Medicine. They will work closely with Investigators to manage grants and projects, coordinate data collection, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination of findings.
Manage grants including coordination / management of project (field activities and collaboration with research team and offsite personnel).
Conduct literature searches.
- Assist with study protocol development and human subjects research institutional review board approval.
- Coordinate the ordering, inventory and maintenance of equipment, instruments and data collection and analysis tools.
- Perform surveys, interviews, observations or uses other methods according to established research protocols.
- Collect, process and analyze data. Summarize research and test results.
- Prepare and contributes statistical data and pertinent information for papers, presentations, abstract creation, grant applications, and other documents.
- Complete required documentation for regulatory agencies and funders.
- Develop project updates and brief reports for public announcements and media correspondence.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in basic, social or health science, public health or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in research with a preferred emphasis Family Medicine principles including: global health; determinants of health; population health; patient-centered medicine; and clinical processes & procedures
- Advanced knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software for statistical/data analysis; knowledge of analytical methods
- Proficiency with sources and procedure for literature review specific to Family Medicine and experience using research databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- French proficiency preferred