Employer: University of Illinois – Chicago
Hiring Department: Cancer Biology and Pharmacology
Job Title: Research Specialist
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3527?c=uic
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to follow, refine, and improve the experimental procedures required for completion of the assigned experiments and aims.
- Follow the responsible conduct of research. Conduct research experiments honestly and with great attention to details, and follow established schedule and lab procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and make records of observations and scientific measurement.
- Perform complex data collection and laboratory techniques, evaluation and analysis requiring use of independent judgment.
- Maintain accurate experimental records including all the reagents and chemicals, and protocols being used, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Propagate, maintain, analyze, and trouble-shoot mouse models of human diseases.
- Formulate and conduct scientific experiments and analyses. Performs complex data collection and laboratory techniques. Analyze and evaluate test and research results.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures and techniques.
- Develop and write advanced, comprehensive experimental protocols.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
- Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
- Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
- Assist the Principal Investigator, project collaborators, and other lab personnel with research and educational activities to advise students on methods and procedures.
- Cooperate with researchers to conduct the assigned experiments.
- Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
- Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in science or related field.
- A minimum of three years related research experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Proficient in specific research techniques
- Master’s degree in science preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in neuroscience, molecular and cellular biology or related biomedical fields.
- Ability to handle and care for laboratory mice.
- Experience and knowledge in handling, maintaining and analyzing transgenic and/or knockout mouse models of human diseases.
- Willingness to work together cooperatively and facilitate collaborative research projects.
For fullest consideration please submit your application by 10/31/2023 at: