Employer: Lurie Children’s Hospital
Job Title: Registered Nursing – Resource Team
Additional Information: https://luriechildrens.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/externalportal/details/Registered-Nurse-Resource-Team_JR2022-967?jobFamilyGroup=ff24eac9af7d011994edc40d6a5b0000
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs nursing assessments utilizing a variety of assessment methods and/or area-specific tools.
2. Develops or individualizes existing plans of care and develops goals relative to family needs. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
3. Develops or individualizes teaching plans/protocols to meet patient and family learning needs. Identifies patient preferences and needs including motivation to learn. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
4. Performs nursing care according to procedures/protocols. Anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively.
5. Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs. Communicates changes in patient status. Utilizes appropriate resources for referral or consultations.
6. Keeps up to date in nursing practice by utilizing current nursing and healthcare literature for information and problem solving.
7. Incorporates current hospital and departmental quality initiatives into daily activities.
8. Adheres to communication, service excellence and professional image standards that support the hospital mission and philosophy.
9. Works cooperatively as a team member to foster achievement of unit/hospital goals.
10. Identifies learning needs and seeks resources to advance nursing practice and achieve professional goals.
11. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher required. For positions that are identified as difficult to fill, CNO may allow approval for hiring of candidates with Associates degree in nursing with equivalent experience in lieu of BSN or above.
2. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
3. Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association.
4. Ability to effectively communicate with patients/families, physicians and hospital staff.
5. Special certifications may be required by the department.
Bachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
- Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan servicing and support
- Adoption benefits
- Backup Childcare and Eldercare
- Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
- Discount on services at Lurie Children’s facilities
- Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children’s and its affiliates are equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support email: email@example.com