Employer: Rush University Medical Center
Seeking: Nursing Assistant 2 - Neurosciences
Nursing Assistant 2 - 12 East Tower - Surg IMCU/CVT/Transplant
Are you a Nursing Student in a Baccalaureate or Masters Nursing program passionate about gaining clinical experience?
If so, you may be the right candidate for our Nursing Assistant 2 position!
- The Nursing Assistant (NA II, III) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- The NA II & III duties are of a technical nature requiring specialized training and skill.
- The training and skill level of the NA II is commensurate with their advancement through an accredited school of nursing.
- The NA II is registered in an accredited school of nursing.
· Reports to charge RN or designate for assignment of duties.
· Maintains a safe patient environment.
· Under the direction of the RN, participates in the implementation of individualized plans of care.
· Assists patients in activities of daily living.
· Performs routine procedures, treatments and specimen collections.
· Promptly reports changes in patient condition to the appropriate RN.
· Assists with admission, discharges and transport of patients.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current enrollment in an accredited Baccalaureate or Masters entry level school of nursing with passing grades in all courses.
- Completion of a fundamental nursing course to include basic nursing skills, such as vital signs and ADLs.
- Current CPR certification required
- Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by Indeed.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.