Event: Nurse Extern Hiring Event Advocate Aurora Trinity Hospital
Hosted by: Advocate Aurora Health
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 Time: 9:00am-2:00pm
Location: 2329 E. 93rd St. Chicago, IL. 60617
Additional Information: https://careers.aah.org/job/16624799/nurse-extern-hiring-event-advocate-aurora-trinity-hospital-september-27th-chicago-il/
- Under the observation of the registered nurse, completes activities of daily living, vital sign completion and blood glucose monitoring.
- Works in tandem with the registered nurse in a partnership to acquire preliminary skills and knowledge in the care of patients.
- Integrates principles of documentation into daily practice.
- Acquires beginning assessment skills utilizing available classes or self-learning options. Practices and develops these acquired skills under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Reinforces patient teaching concerning the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health in collaboration with the registered nurse.
- Follows established hospital and unit-based policies and procedures.
- Maintains and updates knowledge and skills by attending staff meetings, classes and/or conferences and seeks opportunities for growth.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or approved program in Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing program.
- Must have completed first medical-surgical clinical rotation.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to interruptions and changing priorities/workload.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above shoulders during the work shift.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- – push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- – perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Will be required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision and hearing.
- Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous basis; therefore, protective clothing must be worn as necessary.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.