Employer: Hospital Sisters Health System
Hiring Department: Medical Unit 1
Job Title: Patient Care Assistant
Additional Information: https://careers.hshs.org/jobs/56505?lang=en-us
- Medical Unit 1, St. John's Hospital
- Sign on Bonus Offered
- Fulltime, 36/hrs week
- Night Shift, 7:00pm-7:30am
Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides direct and non-direct patient care according to their scope of practice. Understands and reacts effectively to the unique needs of all patients. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to provide safe patient care.
High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
1 year of experience in acute care setting is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) or PCT (Patient Care Technician) certification in state of practice is preferred.
BLS (Basic Life Support) is required within 30 days upon hire.
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits including HSHS contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!