Organization: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital
Job Title: Nursing Assistant (CNA) Pre/Post Op Procedure
Additional Information: https://luriechildrens.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/externalportal/details/Nursing-Assistant_JR2022-268?jobFamilyGroup=ff24eac9af7d011994edc40d6a5b0000
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
The Nursing Assistant (NA) works under the direction of a Registered Nurse to provide care for patients/families with acute and chronic diseases, disorders found in the pediatric and adolescent into the young adult populations. Actively supports the Hospital's and the department's quality goals and service excellence principles.
Nursing Assistant (CNA) Pre/Post Op Procedure
Full time, day shift
- High school diploma / GED
- Completion of program leading to certification as Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be able to safely immobilize children, if necessary, and be able to move equipment and patients; respond quickly to patient care situations; effectively communicate with patients/families, physicians, and patient care staff, and meet professional image and communication standards.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification from AHA
- Direct patient care: assists with the following tasks under the direction of an RN:
- Orienting families to the ambulatory clinic area
- Vital signs measurement per department standard
- Documentation of patient data per department standard either on paper record or in EMR
- Emptying fluid collection containers
- Point of care testing/controls glucose, hemocult, urine dipstick, hemoglobin A1C, HCG testing
- PO feeding
- Bulb suctioning
- Assisting with procedures
- Assisting with intra hospital transport
- Holding patients
- Providing comfort measures
2. Stocking and maintenance:
- Changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
- Distributing linen
- Clean rooms after discharge
- Replacing canisters, oxygen tubing, and nebulizers per protocol
- Obtaining unit supplies
- Returning unused supplies/equipment from patient room and treatment room and charges items to central area designated by unit.
- Assisting with sending labs
- Phone calling/paging as directed
- Coverage for clerk
- Keeping unit orderly
- Cleaning equipment and toys
- Checking and recording refrigerator temperatures
- Checking and recording of AED checks
5. Documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
6. Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the Pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
High School Diploma/GED (Required)
(BLS) - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
- Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan servicing and support
- Adoption benefits
- Backup Childcare and Eldercare
- Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
- Discount on services at Lurie Children’s facilities
- Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children’s and its affiliates are equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org