Employer: St. Mary Medical Center
Job Title: Nurse Manager
Additional Information: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/comhs/?whereControl=radius&radiusDistance=25&radiusUnit=mi&radius%5Bselection%5D%5Bdistance%5D=25&radius%5Bselection%5D%5Bunit%5D=mi#/job/30525
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Provide a general overview and summary of the position. Reports to the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the patient care provided in an assigned nursing department, as well as, the activities of professional and non professional personnel engaged in the provision of care on a 24 hours basis. Responsible for meeting the hospital Standards of Nursing Practice for managing all personnel, supplies and equipment in the unit.
- Professional level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through a B.S.N. and an accredited school of nursing with:
- Two to three years of progressively more responsible experience in order:
- To acquire an in depth knowledge of nursing theory and practice
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of standards of nursing practice
- To develop the clinical expertise necessary to function as a role model for staff and evaluate the quality of provided care.
- To develop suitable managerial, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Indiana.
- Current BLSprovider