Employer: University of Illinois Chicago
Title: Hourly Research Specialist – Naba Lab
Department: Department of Physiology and Biophysics
Additional Information: https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/387?c=uic
Hourly Research Specialist - Naba Lab
Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Dr. Alexandra Naba is seeking a talented hourly research specialist to assist with management of her laboratory in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The successful candidate will participate actively in the day-to-day lab management and will contribute to ongoing research projects focused on elucidating the roles of the extracellular matrix in health and disease.
Additional information on Dr. Naba’s research can be found at: http://nabalab.uic.edu
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for ordering of laboratory supplies and maintaining laboratory stocks and inventories
Assist Dr. Naba with everyday lab operations, organization of meetings, ensuring compliance with University’s rules and policies, budgeting
As needed, conduct routine biochemistry and cell biology experiments in support of multiple projects
Keep detailed records of experimental procedures and results
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in science preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Proficient in specific lab research techniques.
- Applicant must be passionate about research, very organized, and show enthusiasm for developing new skills and working in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)