Employer: Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare
Job Title: RN Circulator - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Additional Information: https://www.nursingnetwork.com/nursing-jobs/682409-rn-circulator?utm_source=activity_update&utm_campaign=send_update_to&utm_medium=email
Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare is currently seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) Circulator to join our dynamic healthcare team. As an RN Circulator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of patient care in our surgical department.
- Prepare the operating room prior to surgical procedures, ensuring that all required equipment and supplies are available and in working order.
- Assess the patient's physical and emotional well-being before surgery and provide pre-operative care and education.
- Collaborate with the surgical team, including surgeons, anesthesiologists, and surgical technicians, to ensure a smooth flow of the surgical process.
- Assist in positioning and draping the patient for surgery, ensuring proper patient safety and comfort.
- Perform sterile scrub and set up the sterile field, following strict aseptic techniques and infection control protocols.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team during procedures and provide instruments, supplies, and medications as required.
- Monitor the patient's vital signs, anesthesia administration, and surgical site throughout the procedure.
- Document all nursing care provided during surgery accurately and concisely.
- Adhere to hospital policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines to maintain a safe and ethical work environment.
- Collaborate with the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) team to ensure a smooth transition of the patient's care.
- Must be able to reach hospital within 30 minutes when on call every 7th weekend.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Missouri.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing practices, including aseptic techniques and infection control.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care during surgical procedures.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS). Willing to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within six months of hire.